Welcome to Central Dogma¶
Central Dogma is an open-source highly-available version-controlled service configuration repository based on Git, ZooKeeper and HTTP/2. With Central Dogma, you can:
- Store your configuration files such as .json, .yaml and .xml into a centralized, multi-master replicated, version-controlled repository.
- Retrieve your configuration using RESTful API, Java library and command-line client.
- Let your servers get notified immediately when the configuration files are updated and the new settings are applied without server restarts.
- Send a pull request for configuration changes and get it reviewed and merged by teammates; much less chance of making a bad configuration change!
Give it a try!¶
$ tar zxvf centraldogma-0.32.1.tgz $ cd centraldogma-0.32.1/ $ bin/startup # Open http://127.0.0.1:36462/ in your browser for administrative console.
Using Docker? Launch our image at Docker Hub:
$ docker run -p 36462:36462 line/centraldogma
Repository service for textual configuration¶
- Primarily designed for storing JSON
- Store your start-time and run-time settings, such as:
- Application parameters and bean properties
- User and IP blacklists
- Scheduled maintenance notice
- Roll-out and A/B experiment parameters
- Rule engine scripts
- Keeps full history of configuration changes in Git repositories.
- Can hold a lot more information than in-memory competitors.
Query and notification mechanism¶
- Query your JSON files with JSON path.
- Watch your files and get notified immediately when they are modified.
Fine-grained access control¶
- Pluggable authentication layer
- Role-based per-repository permissions
- See Authentication and Access Control for more information.
Automated mirroring from an external Git repository¶
- Keep your settings in a GitHub or GitLab repository.
- Send a pull request to modify the settings and get it reviewed and merged.
- Let Central Dogma mirror your settings so they are:
- Setting up
- Command-line client
- Java client library
- Better configuration change workflow with Git-to-CD mirroring
- Authentication and Access Control
- Known issues
- Release notes
- API documentation
- Source cross-reference
- Questions and answers
- Fork me at GitHub